Welcome to the Alliance website! The Alliance is a statewide team of self-advocacy groups in Illinois. We work together to make life better in our communities and to work to make services better in our state.
We want groups from around the state to speak together with one loud voice. We can do more when we all work together!
Our vision is for self-advocates to work together to get the support we need and to live the life we want in the community.
Our mission is to speak up for ourselves and each other while working together to make changes in our communities and in Illinois.
Check us out on Facebook!
January 27, 2020 – Just Published! The Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities (ICDD) has just published their FFY2019 ICDD Impact Report. This report provides a comprehensive review of the Council’s project and impact in 2019.
The Alliance has been refunded by the Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities (ICDD) through April 2021!
Check out the The Alliance: The Self-Advocacy Movement Continues! Webinar Recording (Recorded Live on Friday, April 6, 2018) to learn more. About the Webinar Recording: Join self-advocates and Alliance staff as they celebrate the past 5 years of The Alliance and share exciting information about the next 3 years including the new Alliance application and member levels and benefits!
Also attached are the following documents referenced during the webinar:
- Are you 14 years or older?
- Do you want to learn how to “speak up and speak out”?
- Are you interested in joining or starting a self-advocacy group?
- Do you want to work with other self-advocates in Illinois to make changes in you communities and in Illinois?
Check out the Illinois Self-Advocacy Alliance! Click on the Alliance Flyer to learn more or to print and share with others!
Looking for a speaker for your next training or conference? Check out The Alliance’s Training Institute! With the experience and expertise of 10 years of supporting the self-advocacy movement in Illinois, The Illinois Self-Advocacy Alliance’s Training Institute consists of self-advocate leaders and Alliance staff, ready to informative, engaging and relevant topics to your community or your school/agency/organization/group.
You shop. Amazon gives.
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com.
Your shopping will support Illinois Self-Advocacy Alliance. Start shopping now!
The Alliance is proud to be funded through April 2021 by the Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities (ICDD).